When I have a chance to connect with friends and family they ask: “What are you up to?”
The answer to that question for me lately is building a company called Reciprocity.
Here are a few links that describe our accomplishments and milestones so far:
- About MyCovidResponse
- Here’s What We Accomplished Together (June, 2021)
- Here’s an Article Written About Reciprocity by OU
- Here’s a Story About MyCovidResponse From Coleman Yokum At Micah 6
- Here’s a Consolidated Summary of Our Press Coverage From The Early Days
- Here’s What Some People Are Saying About Reciprocity (coming soon)
During the early days of the Pandemic our goal was simply to put all hands on deck to help as many people as possible.
We discovered a few insights along the way:
- Nonprofits & Service Organizations have not see much innovation since the 1980’s.
- Data gathering + management is often a burden for these organizations, not a tool.
- Reporting requirements have increased, shifting a greater administrative burden onto nonprofits.
- The Leaders of these organizations know about all the problems and are doing the best they can with what they have.
- Data silos exist within each organization, and between different organizations.
- People are unaware of all the resources they can take advantage of.
- When you put nonprofit programs online, they scale more like tech companies and less like nonprofits.
- There are many lifetimes of work ahead of us to make community, nonprofit, faith organization and local government resources available to those in need.
We seem to have stumbled upon a much larger problem space — so we founded Reciprocity to help nonprofits to amplify their reach using technology.
We eat our own cooking too. The tools that we build for other organizations are tools that we wish we had, but that simply did not exist during our experience building for COVID-19 relief projects.
I love working with my Co-Founders Cam & Josh. Something special happened when all of us started working together. Somehow, 1+1+1 = 10.
Now we are happily building a bootstrapped company that’s on a mission to connect people in need with resources, while also empowering the nonprofits and service organizations who are there to help.
If any of the above was interesting to you, we are actively seeking collaborators, clients, advisors, and partners. Please visit www.reciprocityapps.org/schedule to set up a time to talk with me.
Special thanks are in order for thousands of people who helped to make everything possible. I was honored and inspired by all of the people listed below, and more. Thanks to Jen Lucarelli, Dustin McClellan, Russ Russell, Anisah Hashmi, Bree Namukowa, Joshika Money, Kelly Rohner, Mike Carnill, Dave McKinney, Emily Tissot, Theresa Krell, Elizabeth Onye, Amarachi Wachuku, Olivia Melosi, Kimber Bishop-Yankee, Beth O’Rorke, Chris Saitek, Angela Gill, Charla Burnett, and many more!